Have you ever had an idea for a book, a project, a drama, or an idea to develop a new product? What about the great idea you have to create something brand new, but you didn’t have time to sit down and develop the outline? You probably know as well as I do, there are many of us who sit around and say; “one day I am going to start the process on my idea, book or project but ……!” Over and over, week after week the same phrase is repeated. Once a friend phoned me to enlighten me about a great book idea he had. My friend said he was too old to begin the project! “Huhmnnn,” I said, how old would you be if you didn’t begin this project?
Many of us have in one way or the other delayed our own ideas for various reasons. Whether your desires are to write a book, an article, a screen-play, or further develop an idea for a trademark or a patent; all are within reach! Just take the step! I have heard the difficulty in taking the first step to initiate your project. The answer is in taking one step at a time, one moment at a time. Have you ever notice we take the time to do little things that we want to do? However, when we have real desires, we just don’t have the time? Your goal may be to write a book about your experiences in life. Another goal may be to write and produce a film about a favorite topic. Whatever you have in mind, you can do it! Perhaps some of the following suggestions will help you launch your ideas.
- Take five minutes of your lunch break and jot a few notes about your book, play, drama, or creative work.
- Wake up five minutes early and devote the time to writing the first lines of your work.
- When you don’t have time to write, grab your phone instead and record your text for five moments.
- Take three to five minutes to make a sketch of your design or creative for a product.
- Before retiring for bed at night, turn off the TV and spend five minutes to work on your objectives.
- Give social media a rest for five moments! Rather than catching- up on what is going on in the world; devote some time to catch-up on the things you want to do in your life!
The personal aim is to “begin.” Did you notice the emphasis on five minutes? Five minutes is not a lengthy amount of time. Repeat the actions the first two weeks for “five minutes,” then add ten minutes for a total time of “fifteen minutes.” Increasing your time toward your objectives should help you on your journey toward your pursuits!