It’s here that you’ll get creative with ideas for that next ‘big’ meeting, pump out those detailed stock reports, or come up with a PowerPoint presentation that will knock the socks off your boss. But that’s a little difficult to do underneath piles of paperwork, or between hordes of files, and whatever else is brooding around your working space.
In order to maximize your office work space, get creative, keep productive, and feel motivated, you need a clear, uncluttered, and organized work space.
In a nutshell: you need to simplify.
How do you do this?
Here are 6 Quick ways to start simplifying your office work space today:
- Throw out any useless papers, notes or ‘stuff’ around or on top of your desk.
- Put away files that aren’t being used every day.
- Keep your desktop folders organized. Set up and name folders on your desktop for each new project that you’re working on.
- Go as paperless as possible. We live in a world today where most things are electronic. If you don’t need to print something out – don’t. Rather save it on your computer under a desktop folder for easy access.
- Clear the desk daily. Get into the habit of clearing your desk at the end of each day. It will make the idea of coming in to work the next morning a pleasure.
- Plan each day. Instead of jumping into whatever tasks need to be done and feeling disorganized, take five minutes at the start of each day and plan the things that need to be done, and then the things that can be done if there’s time. Allow flexibility, and don’t plan too much so that you feel as though you’ve let yourself down if you don’t get to all of them.
It’s easy to simplify your working space so that it’s set up to maximize productivity, inspiration, and creativity.
To Your Success,